BEERventures is a blog that follows my learning adventures with the greatest beverage known to man (and woman). As I learn about beers, how they are made, and all of the wonderful scientific facts about beer, so will you. I am no expert; far from it! I am simply a beer lover that wants to learn and explore the vast varieties of beer. All information will be from the perspective of the average consumer, and not that of a beer snob!

Monday, February 20, 2012

Drinking Now

Yes, folks....I am drinking a glass of the elusive Pliny the Younger from Russian River Brewing Company! I had the privilege of tasting this beer at Selma's in Rancho Santa Margarita, CA (by invitation only).


With this beer being rated as "world class" on Beer Advocate, there is a lot of hype when a local restaurant or bar taps it. No exception with Selma's; there was standing room only, and you had to be on a waiting list if you weren't on the list of invitees.


If anyone ever gets a chance to try this beer at a special tapping, I would definitely try to do so. It's well worth the experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment