BEERventures is a blog that follows my learning adventures with the greatest beverage known to man (and woman). As I learn about beers, how they are made, and all of the wonderful scientific facts about beer, so will you. I am no expert; far from it! I am simply a beer lover that wants to learn and explore the vast varieties of beer. All information will be from the perspective of the average consumer, and not that of a beer snob!

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Introduction

I <3 Beer! I just don’t know a whole lot about it. I am eager to learn as much as I can about it. However, I haven’t always been this fascinated with the beverage. Outside of Coors Light or Michelob Ultra, I rarely traveled outside my comfort zone when it came to trying different beers. It’s sad to say that in the past, a beer was simply something to wash down a plate of crappy food or something that was too spicy.  Only in the last handful of years have I really begun to appreciate the complexity and flavor of beer. The concept of ordering a “flight of beer” was really foreign to me, and I couldn’t understand why people would order something like that. I just wasn’t a big enough fan.

I decided to give beer a chance. So whenever I went to a restaurant, or someone’s home, I would attempt to try a beer that I’ve never tasted before. After opening my mind, I discovered a whole new world of flavor.  It’s amazing what a few small steps can do to expand a person’s thinking. Now I truly enjoy beer! Don’t get me wrong, there are plenty of things in life that give me pleasure, but few can be changed and sampled in such a variety as beer can be.

I like adventure and an ever-changing world. I love trying new things, and breaking out of my comfort zone. When I get bored of the daily routine, I try to shake things up as much as I can. A dynamic perception is important.  Monotony is what I fear, so I will run from it when I can! This is why I have chosen to share my beer explorations with the world.

Please leave comments, suggestions, pictures, and fellow stories.

Bottoms up everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment